Thanks for the feedback. I am working on a beta version, feel free to contact me on LinkedIn so I can share that version. This version supports multiple calendars, is faster and is easier to configure, and addresses some of your observations.
In response to your observations:
- Yes, in the beta version I did add on option to make it a one way sync, calendar to the sheet only
- I designed the tool to write back the Customer/Project/Task back to the calendar as the title. I would love to discuss your use case and see if I can add it as a setting
- Same as 2, it is possible, just not designed that way.
- Google sheet supports SQL like queries. This enables me to create multiple reports, and aggregations. In my cas the dashboard shows my weekly activities and aggregations by period/customer/project. It was designed as a time writing tool, and my reality is that I need to copy the same info in multiple systems. The dashboard enables that.
- No, I have not, still in the planning phase
- Yes, it will take a while. The new version is faster. The cutoff data is meant to control the sync, and the new version has a from-to sync dats so you can manage the initial sync better
- True, it does not support swithing calendars.
Great to hear that the tool helps.